Spring Semester 2021 Information
On December 18, 2020, the University announced updated plans for spring semester 2021.
Spring 2021 Housing Arrival
Information about spring arrival in February will be posted to the Spring Arrival webpage once details are confirmed. Students will be required to schedule a move-in time and follow the University's COVID testing requirements to move into University Housing. Details on how that process works will be finalized later. Please check back for updates.
Spring 2021 Housing during Remote Learning period
Students with extenuating circumstances may need to live on campus during the spring Remote Learning period (January 17 - February 12). Students will be able to submit a Remote Learning/Break Access Housing Request through eLiving. Room and board charges for this time period will be charged. Details on how that process works will be finalized later. Please check back for updates.
Spring 2021 Room and Board Rates
Room and board rates for spring semester have been approved. View the rates for the spring Remote Learning period and/or the spring In-Person period at www.hfs.psu.edu/rates.
Spring 2021 HFS Contract Cancellation
For spring semester, HFS Contracts may be cancelled for students who are no longer attending Penn State or are scheduled for fully remote classes and will be living at their permanent address for spring semester. Students are not able to cancel the HFS Contract to live off campus.
No Longer Attending Penn State? Please follow these steps to cancel the spring HFS Contract:
- Request Contract Cancellation through eLiving; indicate cancellation reasons (withdrawal, graduation, etc.)
- The Housing and Food Services Office will confirm the cancellation reason; once approved, you will be notified and your spring HFS Contract will be cancelled.
Remote Learning Class Schedule: Students who have a spring semester course schedule that consists of remote synchronous or remote asynchronous instruction classes and will be living at home (permanent address). Please follow these steps to cancel the spring HFS Contract:
- Complete your spring semester class schedule in LionPATH
- Request Contract Cancellation through eLiving; indicate cancellation reason "Other" option and type in "Remote Learning and living at home"
- Requests that are submitted after January 4: please be advised room and board charges may initially appear on billing statement until the HFS Contract is cancelled and credit is processed
- Some requests may incur a $500 penalty fee
If your class schedule includes any in-person instruction classes, you will need to provide documentation to the Housing and Food Services Office that you are permitted to attend the class remotely while living at home (permanent address). HFS Contracts will NOT be cancelled for a student to live off campus.
Personal Belongings Retrieval
Students who lived on campus during the fall semester, did not check out, and will not be living on campus during spring semester must contact the Housing and Food Services Office to schedule a time to retrieve personal belongings. Students who do not need to return to campus but still have an assigned room key should return the room key by Friday, January 15 to avoid a core change fee.