Penn State Brandywine students walking across campus.

Medical Accommodations

Penn State provides a climate of equal opportunity to all of its programs, activities, and services, and is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. To this end, Penn State provides accessible housing for students with disabilities as defined by these laws. To qualify for protection under these laws, the student must provide documentation from a qualified examiner that substantiates that he or she has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits a major life activity and that the requested accommodation is necessary to afford the student equal access.

To be considered for a special accommodation, once the student has an accepted Housing Contract, the documentation must be received on or before the following dates per the semester for which the request is made:

Fall Semester: June 15
Spring Semester: December 1

To make a reasonable accommodation for the student’s need, there may be certain situations where housing preferences (such as area or roommate requests) cannot be honored. Students submitting special accommodation requests after the dates indicated above will be accommodated as quickly as possible, when acceptable space can be determined. If a student is offered a change to the housing environment, an additional cost may be associated with the resulting assignment or requests. Any reasonable accommodation is considered, but the student must support the accommodation request with a documented need linked to his or her disabling condition.

To request special accommodations to your housing environment, complete the Housing Accommodations Request Form (pdf) and fax to 814-863-5928 or mail to:

Housing Requests
c/o Tracy Walker
209 Housing and Food Services Bldg
The Pennsylvania State University
University Park, PA 16802

Students who require special classroom/academic assistance should contact Disability Services at 610-892-1461.

Temporary Medical Conditions

Students experiencing a temporary medical condition that affects their mobility may contact their housing office to discuss possible options for a room reassignment if space is available.