For your next business meeting, luncheon, banquet, or afternoon break, call Catering Services at 610-892-1215 or send us an email at least two weeks before your event.
- Catering Services at Penn State Berks can provide detailed information and help plan your catered event. During the initial planning stages, clients must provide an estimated number of guests.
- All events are set up as buffet service, and clients may request either china service or disposable serving products. Table linens are provided on buffet tables. Catering Services can provide customized linens, decorations (flowers), and wait service for an additional cost. Arrangements for these services must be made at least two weeks before the scheduled event.
- Deliveries for catered events can be made to any location on campus. A minimum order of $25.00 is required for delivery. A 10 percent service charge will be applied to all orders that are delivered outside of the dining commons.
- Student organizations that request catering services must submit a written authorization approval from their staff or faculty advisor, and must include the appropriate budget number that will be charged for the catering event. This approval must be received before any services are rendered.
- Any changes in the estimated number of guests should be given to the Food Services Manager at least two weeks before the scheduled event.
- The guaranteed number of guests that will be attending the event must be provided to the Food Services Manager at least 48 hours before the scheduled event. Any changes to the order must also be made by this time. Guest numbers stand confirmed at 48 hours in advance.
- A written confirmation will be sent to the client approximately 48 hours in advance of the event. The date, time, menu, price, guaranteed number of guests, billing, and budget information will be included, and the client should review this information carefully.
- The client will be billed for 100 percent of the guaranteed number of guests. In order to provide a quality catering event, Food Services agrees to provide food and services for 5 percent above the guaranteed number. Catering charges will be based on the guaranteed number of guests or the actual number of guests in attendance, whichever is higher.
- In the event of a cancellation less than 48 hours before the scheduled event, 50 percent of the non-recoverable costs incurred by Food Services will be charged to the appropriate group or organization.
- If an unusual or uncontrollable circumstance arises, and Food Services must make menu changes, substitute items of comparable quality will be served. When possible, clients will be notified of any changes in advance.
- If an event begins more than 30 minutes after the scheduled starting time, Food Services cannot be held responsible for the overall quality of the meal. The client will be responsible for any additional labor costs incurred, which will be applied to the catering bill.
- Due to standard Board of Health practices, leftover prepared food items may not be removed from the premises.
- The client is responsible for ensuring that all property belonging to Food Services is promptly returned. Items may not be stored in departments for future use. Clients may be assessed a fee for any items that are not returned.